Unify Your Platforms With Sana Commerce From 848.
How does Sana foster lasting relationships? By making your Microsoft Dynamics ERP and e-commerce work as one.
This eliminates the system silos, unnecessary complexities and compromises caused by mainstream e-commerce solutions. Instead, the Sana approach unlocks 3 key benefits that enable you to build lasting relationships with your customers.
Total customer convenience.
Reliability without compromise.
Access an intelligent e-commerce platform fully integrated with Dynamics from a trusted Microsoft Solution Partner.
Reliability without compromise
Eliminate errors and delays for an experience your customers can always rely on.
- Consistent information across buying channels
- Elimination of order and delivery errors
- Accurate information
Total customer convenience
Empower your customers with personalised self-service and complete transparency.
- Self-service across the entire customer journey
- Fully personalised experience
- Complete transparency
Quickly and easily adapt your business to meet and exceed your customers’ evolving expectations.
- Quick to adapt to customer demands and market changes
- Evolution without disruptions
- Ability to offer constant added value
Why Sana vs Mainstream E-Commerce Platforms?
Mainstream e-commerce platforms are often built separately from the ERP, which causes silos between the two systems. This means:
- Not all data in one system is available in the other.
- Not all the functionality of one system is available in the other.
- Data needs to be synchronized between the two systems.
- Changes have to be made twice, once in the ERP and once in the e-commerce platform.
With Sana From 848, ERP and E-Commerce Work as One.
This approach eliminates the system silos, unnecessary complexities and compromises caused by mainstream e-commerce solutions. And it unlocks total customer convenience, reliability without compromise, and constant evolution. This is because:
- All ERP data is also available in the e-commerce platform in real time.
- All ERP functionality is also available in the e-commerce platform.
- There is a single source of data shared between ERP and e-commerce.
- Changes only have to be made once, in one system, and not in both.