Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
- Posted Date:
- March 23rd, 2023
- On site (Stafford Office)
- Full-time / Permanent
The Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer role is responsible for providing 1st & 2nd line support remotely to our customers, as well as acting as a point of escalation for Tier 1 Technical Support Engineers.
You will fix what you can and escalate more complex issues to the relevant support channels within the Service Desk following our internal escalation processes and procedures.
- Providing remote 1st Line Support.
- Answering calls and raising support tickets.
- Taking ownership of users’ issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests.
- Providing users with regular communication on the progress of investigations and planned solutions.
- Working closely with the Service Desk team to provide 1st Line Support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed, and resolved swiftly.
- Assist remote support engineers with incident resolution for any onsite devices.
- Create standard operational procedural documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base.
- Keep up to date on new technology trends.
- Document internal and customer processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and triage service alerts on all dashboards.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses.
- Communicate with clients through email, written proposal and company telecoms.
- Understand The 848 Group’s customer and Internal processes.
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets in ITSM tool.
- Any further reasonable request.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Experience in deskside support or other user support functions.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to work on own, part of a team, and under pressure.
- Good time management and prioritisation.
- Possess initiative to diagnose problems.
- Professional working attitude.
- Experience in providing high levels of customer service.
- Undertake relevant and appropriate training for succeeding in this role.
- Work with colleagues to increase technical knowledge.
- In-depth hands on “problem solving” expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages.
- A good working knowledge of a wide variety of ICT hardware e.g desktops, laptops, tablets and other peripheral devices.
- A good understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. Cisco routers, switched, Wireless Access Points (WAP)
- To provide support for smartphones, iPads, iPhones
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office/O365
- Active Directory / Exchange: Add/Remove Changes
- DNS (Local)
- Microsoft Active Directory, configuration.
- Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Post-secondary school education, relating to IT.
- Any other IT/network related qualifications or training.
- Experience of similar role.
The 848 Group is an independently owned IT services and solutions provider. Our owners set up 848 with a passion for delivering business changing IT, and 10 years later they’re still working with customers and employees with that same passion today.
848 has developed a wealth of industry leading accreditations and partnerships, and built a nationwide network of IT specialists, delivering IT managed services, modern workspaces, cloud collaboration platforms and more.
We are also proud to be a key collaborator of Deloitte, who put their trust in 848 to plan, build and run digital transformations and IT projects on their behalf. During the past 8 years as a key collaborator, we have delivered a huge range of IT and business change projects underpinned by Microsoft solutions to significant global clients.
About the benefits
So, what’s in it for you? Why should you work for 848? Well, we’ll let our benefits speak for themselves.
- Private healthcare – Aviva private healthcare packages and medical insurance.
- Gym discounts – Get gym memberships, protein shakes and more for less with Aviva Get Active.
- Uncapped/Fair usage holidays allowance.
- We help you learn and develop – Earn the certifications you desire.
- Cycle to work scheme – Save up to 40% on a bicycle and accessories.
- Going Electric? – We cover the cost of an electric car charger for employees purchasing an electric car.
- Young, dynamic team – Work in a modern business with innovative people.
- Hybrid working – Enjoy the flexibility to work from home or with the team at our Stafford office.
- Unlimited paid volunteer days – support our charities and fundraising events or partake in your own.
- Sick pay – We provide one month full sick pay.
- Discretionary bonus – We recognise your hard work.
- No day or client is the same – We work with small to enterprise-sized clients across all industries.
- The 848 team is located across the UK – You’ll be networking with people from all locations.
- We’re a modern, expanding business – Learn and grow with us!
If you’re seeking a challenging and rewarding career as part of an extraordinary business with ambitious plans for the future, then what are you waiting for?
Send your CV to [email protected], call us on 03449 848 848, or come and visit us.