Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer
The Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer role is responsible for providing 3rd line support remotely to our customers, as well as acting as a point of escalation for Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support Engineers.
You will be the highest point of technical escalation on the Service Desk following escalation through the relevant support channels within the Service Desk. Working with the Service Leads to ensure no stone goes unturned when resolving a customer issue.
Working in a fast-paced environment where no day is the same, the ideal candidate will have experience working as a Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer with the ability to build key internal and external relationships, outstanding Ticket Hygiene, an exposure to project work and problem management.
Department: Managed Services
Job Title: Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer
Reports to: Service Integration Lead
Compensation: £28,000 – £34,000 (depending on experience)
Working Hours: 07:30 – 18:00 (Shift depending) – Possible on-call for Out of Hours.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Providing remote 3rd Line Support.
- Answering calls and raising support tickets.
- Acting as an escalation point for Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support Engineer.
- Taking ownership of users’ issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests.
- Providing users with regular communication on the progress of investigations and planned solutions.
- Working closely with the Service Desk team to provide 3rd Line Support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed, and resolved swiftly.
- Assist remote support engineers with incident resolution for any onsite devices.
- Create standard operational procedural documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base.
- Transferring Knowledge to Tier 1 & 2 Technical Support Engineers.
- Performing proactive maintenance on customer infrastructure.
- Managing Change approval process.
- Keep up to date on new technology trends.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses.
- Communicate with clients through email, written proposal and company telecoms.
- Understand The 848 Group’s customer and Internal processes.
- Attend customer reviews as a Technical expert when required.
- Assist in Major Outage procedures.
- Partake in additional project work as required.
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets in ITSM tool.
- Undertake any required technical training.
- Take part in an on-call rota.
- Any further reasonable request.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Experience in deskside support or other user support functions.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to work on own, part of a team, and under pressure.
- Good time management and prioritisation.
- Possess initiative to diagnose problems.
- Professional working attitude.
- Experience in providing high levels of customer service.
- Undertake relevant and appropriate training for succeeding in this role.
- Work with colleagues to increase technical knowledge.
- In-depth hands on “problem solving” expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages.
- A good working knowledge of a wide variety of ICT hardware e.g desktops, laptops, tablets and other peripheral devices.
- A good understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. Cisco routers, switches, Wireless Access Points (WAP).
- To provide support for smartphones, iPads, iPhones.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Office/O365.
- Microsoft Active Directory, configuration.
- Microsoft Azure administration.
- Microsoft MDM & MAM configuration and administration (Intune & SCCM).
- vCenter/vSphere experience.
- Veaam backup configuration and administration.
- Microsoft Teams configuration and administration.
- Group Policy configuration and administration.
- Printer Deployment experience.
- 3rd Party Management.
- On-site working experience.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Higher Education.
- Any other IT/network related qualifications or training.
- MS-100 & MS-101 or equivalent.
- MD-100 & MD-101 or equivalent.
- AZ-700 or equivalent.
- MS-700 or equivalent.
- ITIL v4 Foundation.
- CCNA Certification or equivalent.
- Veaam Certification or equivalent.
- Experience of similar role.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical insurance cover.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Equipment provided.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Technical Exams paid for.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.