Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is at the heart of every 848 employee. As well as ensuring we, as a team, remain current with industry advancements, movements and discoveries. CPD also, allows us as individuals, to strive towards self-actualisation, ultimately boosting positivity and productivity within our daily operations.
Our people and processes are the fuel that allows us, as a major player in the industry, to deliver Business Changing IT at the highest quality.
As well as providing outstanding support to our clients, members of our Service Desk team have been focussed on achieving further MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) status in Office 365.
Richard Jordan, Service Desk Manager, is supporting his team, having achieved his MCSA accreditation in Windows10.
IT Support Engineer, Liam Bloore, and Second Line Support Engineer, Tom Leighton, are working towards achieving MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) and MCSA certifications in ‘Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements’, and ‘Enabling Office 365 Services’.
The certifications validate IT professional and developer technical expertise, through arduous, industry-proven and recognised exams. The exams require demonstration of knowledge in a number of areas (see below for more information).
Richard offers additional insight as to why CPD is the main focus of some of his team members this new year period.
70-346; Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements:
- Provision Office 365; provision tenants, add and configure custom domains, and plan domains.
- Plan and implement networking and security in Office 365; configure DNS records for services, enable client connectivity to Office 365, administer Microsoft Azure Rights Management Services (RMS), and manage administrator roles in Office 365.
- Manage cloud identities; configure password management, manage user and security groups, and manage cloud identities with Windows PowerShell.
- Implement and Manage Identities by using Azure AD Connect; prepare on-premises Active Directory for Azure Ad Connect, set up Azure AD Connect tool, and manage Active Directory users and groups with Azure AD Connect in place.
- Implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on (SSO);
Plan requirements for Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install and manage AD FS servers and install and manage WAP servers.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Office 365 availability and usage; Analyse reports, monitor service health, and isolate service interruption.
70-347; Enabling Office 365 Services:
- Manage clients and end-user devices; Manage user-driven client deployments, manage IT deployments of Office 365 ProPlus, set up telemetry and reporting, and plan for Office clients.
- Provision SharePoint Online site collections; Configure external user sharing, create SharePoint site collections, and plan a collaboration solution.
- Configure Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online for end users; Configure additional email addresses for users, create and manage external contact, resources, and groups. Configure personal archive policies, and configure Skype for Business Online end-user communication settings.
- Plan for Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online; Manage anti-malware and anti-spam policies, recommend a mailbox migration strategy, plan for Exchange Online, and manage Skype for Business Online.
- Configure and secure Office 365 services; Implement Microsoft Teams, configure and manage OneDrive for Business, implement Microsoft Flow and PowerApps, configure and manage Microsoft StaffHub, and configure security and governance for Office 365 services.