Google Workspace Migration Improves Efficiency for Nationwide Business
180 branches across the UK
Google Workspace migration
- H&T Pawnbrokers was operating with traditional on-premise IT systems and servers.
- Due to the inflexible IT estate, the company was experiencing increasing downtime and slow performance.
- The 848 team designed a migration strategy, move the on-premise operations to the cloud, with Google Workspace as the foundation for productivity and collaboration.
- They also trained 6 internal IT employees to ensure they were equipped with the knowledge and skills to utilise and manage the new IT systems. 848 also provided training materials for future users.
- 848 offered ongoing desktop support and recovery solutions for the new entire IT estate.
- H&T Pawnbrokers now has a centralised system where all documentation can be stored, shared, and accessed by anyone, at any time. This has increased efficiency, performance, communication, and reduced downtime for the company.
Founded in 1897, H&T Pawnbrokers is a national chain of retailers. Now with over 180 branches, H&T Pawnbrokers is among the best and oldest Pawnbroker companies in the UK. With such a large operation to manage, the business needed an IT system up to the task.
H&T Pawnbrokers was operating traditional on-premise IT systems and servers. As a nationwide organisation with multiple locations, the on-premise environments were creating data, process and communication silos. Due to the inflexibility and disparate nature of the IT estate, the company was experiencing a lot of downtime and slow performance.
Google Workspace migration
848 conducted an analysis of the existing on-premise network and infrastructure. 848 consultants liaised with key stakeholders to establish the key problems they were facing, and understand the business’s strategy and IT goals. The team recommended a Google Workspace migration.
The team then designed a migration strategy to move the on-premise operations to the cloud, utilising Google Workspace as the foundation for collaboration and productivity. 848 deployed Google Workspace including Google Mail, Google Docs, and Google Drive across H&T Pawnbroker’s network of 450 seats at 80 sites throughout the UK. The Google Workspace migration was completed over 5 consecutive weekends (Saturday & Sunday), so that the business could operate as normal during the working week with no interruptions.
The 848 team trained 6 internal IT employees at H&T Pawnbrokers to ensure they were equipped with the knowledge and skills to utilise and manage the new IT systems. They also created a series of detailed instruction documents and training materials for the client so that they could manage in-house training with future and existing users. 848 also offered desktop support and back up and recovery for the entire IT estate.
The workspace migration was delivered seamlessly. Migrating the day-to-day running of the business to the cloud has made significant improvements to the speed of communication and collaboration across H&T Pawnbrokers.
Having a centralised location where all documentation can be stored, shared, and accessed by anyone at any time is a much more efficient way for a business to run. The agility and reliability of the cloud has significantly reduced downtime and improved performance. 848’s training workshops and documentations have enabled the staff at H&T Pawnbrokers to become IT experts in their new system so they can train both current and future users.
848 assessed the current IT infrastructure and liaised with key stakeholders to determine the company’s IT goals. 848 designed a Google Workspace migration that would resolve the problems H&T Pawnbrokers was facing.
848 deployed Google Workspace across 80 UK sites, trained internal IT employees to ensure they were equipped with the knowledge and skills to utilise the new IT systems, and created training materials for future users.
848 offered ongoing desktop support for the entire IT estate. H&T Pawnbrokers now has a centralised system that has increased efficiency, performance, communication, and reduced downtime.