1st Line Support Engineer
As a Tier 1 Technical Support Engineer, you’ll be part of the key functions within the Managed Service department. You will join the team in enabling the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and ensuring Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs.
This position is a stakeholder facing role and requires you to establish and manage expectations within the business, and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard. You’ll work closely with the Service Desk and Managed Service Manger team to ensure that 848 continually strives to deliver customer excellence.
The main responsibilities, accountabilities and experience for the Tier 1 Technical Support Engineer opportunity are:
Provide telephone, email, and online technical support to End Users and IT support staff
- Provide technical training sessions for customers and internal staff
- Help create FAQs and Technical guides
- Experience working within a similar environment – Managed Services Support Team
- Exposure and understanding of Azure, supporting Office 365 (O365) including directory sync and ADF (exposure working on Office365/Azure migration projects would be a bonus!)
- Manage client expectations
- First- and Second-Line support for software and hardware fault resolution
- Contribute to activities of all onsite teams as required
- Have strong experience of working with and delivering to SLA’s and KPI’s, ensuring continued Service Delivery
- Ensure knowledge articles and process document (internal and client related) is relevant and up to date in the respective repositories (ServiceNow, SharePoint, or other knowledge management tools etc.)
- Identify trends in incidents and problems and work on solutions that will have most impact
- Analysis of IT requests, prioritising accordingly
Personal attributes required
- You have a desire to learn. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to take on new challenges, learn and grow.
- Ability to perform efficiently within a high pressure, fast-paced environment working with teams across multiple customer sites
- Excellent prioritisation skills. You need to be able to handle multiple technical cases at once and be able to prioritise when urgent cases arise!
- Excellent collaboration skills across Development and Operations and with all other stakeholder.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Other Job Requirements
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Continuous development of technical skillsets through research and lab creation
- Extended hours support coverage and infrastructure maintenance, if needed
- Willingness to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
- May be required to travel on company business on an ad-hoc basis
Essential’s for the Support Engineer Role:
- 1-year minimum experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Azure, Office 365, Intune and SharePoint.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups.
- Working knowledge of server technologies including SCCM, WSUS, Hyper-V.
- Security principles and technologies including Windows defender, Panda and Symantec.
- Working knowledge of backup technologies.
- Working knowledge of mobile devices.
- Awareness of networking fundamentals including switches, routing wireless access points and firewalls.